Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Six Word Birding Meme

I was tagged by fellow Cape Codder Bennet over at Pish to write a 6-word meme about birding. I received this tag March 22nd...it is now April 2nd...can you tell I was a bit intimidated by the task?

I did some brainstorming and initially I wanted to talk about birding while jogging, but you already know how much I like that so that's not interesting. Instead I decided to look to my roots:

Birding cultivates knowledge and inspires grace

I've included a picture of my late grandmother, a woman who embodied both of these qualities and shared her love of birding with me. I think of her every time I see a Baltimore Oriole- one of her favorite birds.
Now I'm charged with the task of tagging 5 more bloggers. I'm afraid a lot of the bird bloggers I know have already been tagged, but I'll take my chances! I've tagged: John at Birds Etcetera, Larry at The Brownstone Birding Blog, Rob at The Birdchaser, bootstrap analysis, and Beginning to Bird.
Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4 .Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Nice six words you came up with :)
And true!

Amila Salgado said...

Nice Meme! Pish also tagged me.

Larry said...

Nice job with the meme.-Your grandmother looked like a very graceful lady. She had a great influence on you.-I've been getting tagged a lot this month and haven't done a single meme.I do appreciate you tagging me though-thanks.

Birdinggirl said...

@ mel
Thanks! It took a while but I'm glad I finally got some words down.

@ gallicissa
Thanks also. I tried scanning everyone's comments to see if the tag was in there but apparently missed yours! I'll have to check yours out.

@ Larry
Thanks Larry. Yes, she was a very graceful lady, not unlike our feathered friends. Sorry to add to your bombardment of tags! Good luck if you end up deciding to put one together. PS: I really was fascinated by your Mockingbird video. Next time I listen to my friend sing I'll have to listen more carefully for other birds. I could have sworn there weren't any others on Sunday but as more birds return to the area I'm sure that will change.