Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cape Cod Birdwatching

While I was at my parents' house this weekend I got to see lots of birds up-close at the bird feeders and suet basket in the yard. They're so used to my parents and dog being out in the yard that it takes a lot to scare them away so the whole weekend they were in close proximity.

Birds I saw this weekend include:

Goldfinch
Purple Finch
Chickadee
Nuthatch
House Finch
Downy Woodpecker
Tufted Titmouse

I also saw a female Ruby-Throated Hummingbird, with the beatiful green back. My dad did some tree-trimming in the yard on Sunday and unfortunately one of the falling trees knocked over a hanging plant that they like to visit. However, after I repotted it and hung it back up she returned as if nothing happened! My mom also has two hummingbird feeders but the past few times I've been home I've seen them favoring this plant.

I'll have to bring my camera next time so I can get some pictures to post.

No comments: